History was made September 2-6, 1982 in a filming studio in St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada, as the life and magic of Dai Vernon was permanently recorded for future generations. Inspired by Bill Larsen, the project was undertaken by Videonics, owned and operated by Hans Zahn. The co-hosts of the filming project were Michael Ammar, Gary Ouellet and Steve Freeman.
L & L Publishing has now taken this original footage, digitally re-mastered it and released it on 8 DVDs. Not only can we learn by actually seeing and hearing the Professor at work, but our great grandchildren and their great grandchildren will be taught that most elusive of crafts by the grandest master of them all.
Some of the important points to be considered are:
* The format is that of a jam session, with Vernon discussing his tricks, moves and routines, and generally holding court.
* All the moves, techniques, routines, tips and handlings discussed are actually performed by Vernon or one of the co-hosts, along with a complete explanation.
* Roughly half of the subjects covered relate to the published record; half the material was new and disclosed for the first time (at the time of the video shoot).
* Many times, Vernon teaches important new techniques on the Vernon classics, including improvements, or previously undisclosed handlings, even as regards the famous Stars of Magic effects.
* Some world famous routines, such as the Coins in Champagne Glass or the Fred Kaps Coins and Silk (invented by Vernon and taught to Kaps) are publicly revealed.
* Important revelations about the Erdnase techniques, which Vernon has spent a lifetime studying, form a major part of the material.
The idea behind these videos was to capture Vernon live so future magicians can experience him.
No magician should miss these videos. Dai Vernon was the Dean of modern magic and he shares great things on these tapes. AND now the beauty of DVD offers: Superior Picture Quality Dolby Digital Sound Interactive Menus Take You To Every Trick & Explanation with just a Click of Your Remote Multi-Region for Worldwide Viewing.
Gary Ouellet Intro
The Berg Move
Explanation of Berg Move
Story of the Trick That Fooled Houdini
Explanation of the Trick
That Fooled Houdini
Vernon Tells Horwitz Story
Vernon Explains the Boat Trick
Vernon Performs Three Card Monte
for Live Audience
Explanation of Three Card Monte
Preparing the Cards
Tips on the Hype Move
Explanation of Hype Move
The Torn Card
The Broad Worker's Story
The Double Flash
Removing the Bent Corner
Bobby Fischer Story
Gary Ouellet Intro
The Vernon Cone and Ball Routine
Basic Move for Cone & Ball
The Ball and Silk
Hand to Hand Ball Transfer
Vernon on the Dye Tube /
Color Changing Silks
Loading the Silk
Palming the Tube
Start of Routine
Steal of the Tube
Routine Taught from Behind
The Chopstick Double Lift
Valuable Tip from Erdnase
The Overhand Shuffle Technique
The Pinky Count
The Greek Break
Bottom to Top Transfer
Vernon's Simple Double Peek Control
Triple and Multiple Peek Handling
The Fan Force
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 01 October, 2004.