Michael Skinner was one of the best close-up magicians in the world and his professional repertoire was considered the largest and most versatile in the business. This DVD series features performances and explanations to many of his best routines.
These are the routines Michael Skinner used to fool and entertain the patrons of the Golden Nugget Casino in Las Vegas where he was the resident magician for more than twenty years. You will not find better-constructed and choreographed magic anywhere.
Michael's attention to detail and superb routining made just about every effect he performed a showstopper. These commercial and reputation-making effects will inspire you to become a professional. You will be proud to add any of these routines to your working repertoire.
Routines performed and explained:
- Telltale Aces: A card is peeked at and lost in the deck. The four aces are displayed and one of them reverses itself. The reversed ace now turns into the selected card and magically back into the ace.
- The Card Tunnel: Two cards are pushed through the deck and one of them reverses itself. The process is repeated only this time one of the cards' back changes color. A little shake and the cards are back to normal.
- Cannibal Cards: The four kings are identified as cannibals and three indifferent cards are shown as missionaries. The four cannibals now eat the three missionaries. The Cannibals, still hungry start eating each other as they too vanish. For a finale the deck is spread and the three indifferent cards are found interlaced with the face up kings.
- Devilish Miracle: Two selected cards are looked at and found in an impossible and surprising way.
- Child's Color-Change Routine: A routine used to entertain children where cards change color, spots are removed and a kicker ending.
- Aces?: A magician fooler where the four aces are cut from a shuffled deck.
- Three Different Ways: Three methods of selecting a card are demonstrated as three cards are selected. The selections are found in very magical ways where their mates are found during the journey.
- Direct Backs & Faces: A deck of cards is shown to have backs on both sides then faces on both sides and finally the deck turns into and ordinary deck with backs and faces and can be used for the rest of the act.
Techniques demonstrated within routines:
Peek Force, ATFUS, Christ Alignment Move, Top Change, Braue Reversal, Ascanio Spread, Carlysle Turnover and much more.
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 01 October, 2004.