An entire act that fits in your pocket. Featuring the hilarious Magic Mouse.
Quentin Reynolds is a professional magician whose specialty is children's shows. The routine taught on this DVD/Video is the highlight of his show -- a polished five-minute act which is accomplished with nothing more than an ordinary pocket-handkerchief.
You are treated to a live performance in front of a classroom of children where Quentin brings the kids to a frenzy using this handkerchief routine and the many gags and touches which make it a masterpiece. Following the performance you are taught everything you need to know to perform the act.
The routine is a brisk and upbeat sequence of effects that begins with a stretching handkerchief, a series of knots and culminates with the animation of the Magic Mouse. It is adaptable for most performing situations such as stage, parlor, close-up, walk-around, kids, adults, yet it still fits in your pocket and is very easy to do.
Effects and sequences taught:
- The Stretching Hank: A handkerchief is stretched to twice its original size.
- The Jumping Hank: A handkerchief repeatedly jumps out of your hands and into the audience.
- Karrell Fox's Knifty-Knot: No matter how hard you try to tie a knot in the handkerchief it keeps disintegrating.
- Karrell Fox's No Not: You finally make a knot but it magically unties when a spectator blows on it.
- Stand-Up Hank: The handkerchief is made to stand on end and fall on command.
- The Magic Mouse: The handkerchief is folded into a hat, an iron, an earring, a moustache, and finally into a mouse. The mouse is wound up and begins to wiggle its tail. The mouse seems to come to life as it runs up and down your arm, around your neck, and then leaps into the audience - making them scream with fright. The mouse's tail is pulled and it turns back into a handkerchief. The handkerchief is folded and put back in your pocket. The act is now completely reset for your next show.
In addition to the above you are also taught: Frank Garcia's Iron Gag, Stewart Judah's Watchwinder Gag, tips from George Sands, Harry Blackstone, Sr., Dan Garrett, Martin Gardner, and tons of jokes, gags, by-play, tidbits, and advice which can only be learned from years of continuous performance. Includes a discussion on making the routine even stronger and much more.
This product was added to our catalog on Friday 01 October, 2004.